Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yesterday Once More: 1997 Navy MSTD Trip Day 32 (Brisbane) to Day 36

2nd Oct to 6th Oct 1997 Flashback

Didn't write diary for 4 days as the brisbane port was a tiring and busy one. I was on duty on the 2/10/97. 3/10/97, I went to movie world where I spend a lot of money. I spent around $200 AD on that day, buying 4 shirts, some keychains, etc. Took photos with Batman & Robin, Wonderwoman, Superman & one female character. Miss the opportunity to take photo with Batgirl, that was the miss of the day. Movieworld is quite fun and I enjoy my stay there. Also post letters to C & J & Weifang on 3/10/97, LSWT helping me to post the letters. Actually, on that day, there is open house which XO want 2 watches to stay back, which includes my watch. I was unhappy, so do the others, in the end. Wong & Tan stand in for me and Ang, nobody standing in for Wee and LKY insists 1 RP stay back. In the end, RP Chua stand in for Wee. Feel "qian ta men yi ge ren qing" because they have 2 duties here and shouldn't stay back, it should be us. Nevertheless, still go for shore leave and did have a busy day at movie world, later return to Brisbane City to South Banks to see the night market. It was quite fun. On the last day, went to Surfers Paradise, took some great photos in the beach where the great waves came in. Hope the photos are okay. The water was very cold so do the wind, I got up from the water after only less than 5 mins in it. Shop around the area but didn't buy anything as I want to scan through the area before making a decision. Later, decide to went to some of the shops alone as the rest of them are going to their shops. I didn't want to commit buying. Soon lost Yong & company, met EM Goh & company, went with them until evening where they suggests going back to Brisbane. I didn't want to go so soon I lost them. Pretty complicated right, met Yong & company, they just finished their dinner. They intend to go back brisbane, I haven't got my stuffs. So I went back to Hard Rock Cafe to get 2 T-shirts for sister and 1 for myself. I choose the one with the surfboard in hurry manner. Later, went alone and spent a long time choosing some Surfers Paradise clothes for myself and Dad and sister. I walk alone till 10pm where shore leave expire and I didn't eat dinner cause I feel "yi ge ren chi mei yi si". I spent all my money until I left only $10. I also lost 1 Koala Bear shirt I intend to buy for Jingyi nd I was saddened by the loss of it. I went back to ship with quite a few bags. Ship left Brisbane at 9am in the morning, there was a 5 hr SSD. Brisbane has been good, the best port I ever went. Gold Coast was brilliant too. However, did spent lots of money there and Planet Hollywood T-shirt didn't buy left me with a bit of "yi han". Perhaps I might come back to this part of the world in my later life with my girlfriend or good buddies. For now, its bye Brisbane & Gold Coast, we are heading for "Port 4". Ship left brisbane on 5/10/97. Signoff, Weizhong
---------------------------------------------------------------
On the shipcrew mention, Yong is the ME onboard L202 who has the same ORD date as me. He's one of the most sociable guy onboard the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment