Thursday, October 7, 2010

Yesterday Once More: 1997 Navy MSTD Trip - Day 37

7th Oct 1997 Flashback

Kept middle watch last night and woke up at 10.15am. Today was the MSTD Jogalthon where each person will have to complete 202 runs around the ship. I didn't run and went back to sleep after the 10.15am mustering. Kept 4-6pm watch and the place we're in now is part of the Great Barrier Reef, sea state was very calm. The scenery of the mountains of the coast was magnificent. Took some photos. One midshipman told me that the flash of my camera in a certain way must always be on, in that case my photos in Brisbane may not be as nice as it could be, let's hope everything can be ok. Yap, Cook Tan won the fancy dress contest today. Phone back mum today at 7pm (Singapore time should be 5pm) using Cook Chan handphone. Glad to know haze in Singapore is improving, grandma will be back in Singapore this coming Saturday. Tonight going to keep morning watch.
Signoff, Weizhong
7/10/1997
9.50pm
---------------------------------------------------------------
On the shipcrew mention, Cook Chan is my good friend onboard L202. The ship crew like to call him "Siam kia" , meaning he look like Thai man. He's a bit eccentric personality but got along well with the ship crews. I got along pretty well with him as he is also a football fan. He treat me very well during my time onboard and we even kept in touch for a while after ORD. He stay in Yishun but its been years since I last seen him.

No comments:

Post a Comment