Saturday, October 16, 2010

Yesterday Once More: 1997 Navy MSTD Trip - Day 43 to Day 46

13 to 15 Oct 1997 Flashback

Ship close up SSD on the 13 and 14 Oct due to crossing of the Great Barrier Reef. I was in the more unlucky watch again, that is the starboard watch. The scenary at the great barrier reef was great and on 15 Oct early morning 5.20am, we have completed crossing the great barrier reef. On 15/10/97, slept in the morning due to last night SSD closeup. In the afternoon, assists the midshipmen in doing pre-firing check. The work was fairly relaxed as the midshipmen do most of the cleaning. Was unsure about 0.5 though Master Jesper was there to guide. Actually, the diary habit was almost non-existent these days because I just didn't have the will to write at night. Well now, I'm writing on the early mornings of 16 Oct 97, 6.25am, the first A Gun rounds was fired by midshipmen at 6am. Well, my turn will come later in the day. Signoff, Weizhong

16 Oct 1997 Flashback
Firing took place early in the morning at 6am. Woke up to prep for firing at 5am. Fired the 0.5 gun and the A-Gun, during my turn, they lost track of the target and we didn't fired. I also didn't fire the signal pistol. After firing, rest & sleep. Did think about my ORD leave problems as a lot of gunners or QMs are taking leave at that period. Did try to straighten my thoughts that no matter how bad the situation or leave "kanna makan", just endure to the ORD date. I feel better adopting this view. Tonight, going to keep middle watch.
Weizhong
16/10/97
9.40pm
SEA STATE 1
PRETTY
CALM !!!
VERY GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment